ENTERING PRODUCTION DATA:
- Data entry screens with help windows allow easy input of production
- If bar codes are used, production and inventory are automatically
updated when tags are generated.
- Sawmill production may be tracked by cut number. If this system is
used in conjunction with the log inventory system, log usage can also
be attributed to a cut number and a report can be detail log usage for
- Lumber sizes may be entered in fractions or decimals.
- The SYSTEM can display cedar sizes in quarters, such as 4/4 or 5/4, if
the size corresponds to an even quarter inch.
- Block tallies are allowed if you enter the thickness of the stock along
with the height, width, and length of the unit.
- You may enter your production in board feet, pieces or units (slings).
If a unit other than board feet is selected, the SYSTEM will
automatically calculate and display board feet for each entry.
- Unit tags and bar code readers may be used to take physical
- Planer input and output may be recorded in pieces or by unit tags.
Planer input may also be entered in lineal feet.
- The SYSTEM will track planer production as surfaced, split, reman, and
- Four production centers (sawmill, stacker, kilns and planer) are pre-
defined in the SYSTEM. You may add any number of other production
centers and the SYSTEM will print production and trim-loss reports for
all of them.
- The SYSTEM can track downtime for any production center. A list of
user-entered downtime reasons may be maintained, broken down into
operational, mechanical and electrical categories.