ENTERING SHIPPING DATA:
- When you enter a shipment, the SYSTEM will request the order number.
The product descriptions from the order file will be displayed on the
- If bar codes are used, a tag is pulled from each unit as it is loaded
and the tags are read into the bill of lading program with a wand.
- If the product you are shipping is different from the product that was
ordered, you can modify the screen to correspond to the item shipped.
- The volume displayed on the screen will default to the volume on the
- Volume shipped may be entered in board feet, pieces or units.
- If you enter a bill of lading before its corresponding order, the
SYSTEM will generate the order from the bill of lading.
- The SYSTEM tracks a carrier for each bill of lading. If an external
carrier (not your mill's) is used, you may enter the name of that
- Destination, booking, and vessel (if applicable) default from the order
file but may be revised.
- Route, mark, and weight may be added for each bill of lading.
- You may tell the SYSTEM to print copies of a bill of lading when the
data is entered or at a later date.
- Once an order is marked complete, the SYSTEM will not allow you to make
any more shipments against that order.
- Shipping data may be revised at any time.